At Atlantic Academy you take external public exams at the completion of your courses, usually at the end of Year 11. There are some subjects where you sit exams throughout your course, for example in BTEC qualifications.
All exam dates will be notified to you and your parents in advance, including seating arrangements and required equipment.
We understand that exams can be stressful. If you are feeling stressed or anxious, you can talk to your teacher and your parents/carers. There are also some helpful tips on the Childline website:
Students taking exams in 2021 will be assessed via Centre Assessed Grades. Please see the overview of the process announced by Ofqual in February 2021.
OFQUAL - Student guide to awarding summer 2021
The government has said that many exams and assessments cannot be held fairly this year as a result of the disruption students have faced due to the pandemic. The school will instead submit grades to the exam boards, based on their assessment of what students have shown they know and can do, enabling them to progress to the next stage of their education, training, or employment. This guide outlines the arrangements in place for awarding grades in summer 2021, and where to go for additional information.
Atlantic Academy Centre Policy Summer 2021
View our Centre Policy for how we will be providing grades for students in summer 2021 in line with current government guidelines.
This can be read in conjunction with our Malpractice and Conflict of Interest procedures for summer 2021 below.
Results and Appeals in Summer 2021
You will need:
A copy of your personalised timetable showing your seat number. You MUST have a clear pencil case or clear plastic bag containing ALL the following items for all of your exams: - Black Pen x 2 - HB pencil x 2 - Pencil sharpener - Ruler - Eraser - Calculator – with no cover (preferably Scientific) - Protractor - Compass Optional items:- Highlighters - Colouring Pencils - Bottle of water (this must be in a clear unlabelled bottle and kept on the floor next to your exam desk )
Please note: You will not be allowed iPods, mobile phones, MP3/4 players, or smartwatches or any device with a potential technological/web enabled source of information.
1. You must be on time for all your examinations.
2. You must not become involved in any unfair or dishonest practice in any part of the examination.
3. You must not:
• sit an examination in the name of another candidate;
• have in your possession any unauthorised material or equipment which might give you an unfair advantage.
4. Possession of a mobile phone or other unauthorised material is breaking the rules, even if you do not intend to use it, and you will be subject to penalty and possible disqualification.
5. You must not talk to, attempt to communicate with or disturb other candidates once you have entered the examination room.
6. You must follow the instructions of the invigilator.
7. If you are in any doubt speak to the invigilator.
These posters will be displayed outside of the examination room